Friday, September 12, 2008

We're wearing sweatpants...

Yes, you read that right... we're wearing sweatshirts and sweatpants... it is all part of our preparation for the storm that hasn't even hit yet, but water levels are already rising in Galveston - about 100 miles southeast of us.

So... here's what we've done:
  • loaded up on groceries (I've been to the grocery store three times)
  • made sure the cars were full of gas

  • gathered all of our batteries and flashlights

  • rearranged the freezer so that I could put gallon size storage bags filled with water in the freezer - this way when the power goes out there are huge blocks of ice on top of everything - my freezer has rarely been this full!!

  • put a pot roast in the crockpot - it smells so yummy and we'll have a great supper tonight:)

  • boiled noodles so that we can have spaghetti tomorrow night if the power is out

  • turned my freezer and refrigerator colder

  • turned my AC down to 65 so that my house is freezing - supposedly doing this will help to keep the temperature from rising so quickly when the power goes out, thus the sweatpants and warm clothes
  • gathered all of my bandaids and first aid items so they are all in one place instead of some in each bathroom and they are in a container in the kitchen

  • all outside toys, flower pots, benches, etc... are in my garage

  • did I mention I've been to the grocery store three times??

  • made coffee so at least I can have cold coffee or I can warm it up on my gas stove:)

  • went to Toys R Us and got new board games

Today we are...

  • filling our bathtubs with water

  • baking brownies - chocolate makes everything better, right??

  • making sure all laundry is done

  • having some quality family time:)!!

  • hooking up a new dvd player - Wyatt broke ours accidentally this morning and as long as we have power we might as well watch movies

  • playing on the computer - backing up all of my pictures, etc...

I'll be uploading pictures shortly...


1 comment:

Tracy said...

We are praying for you Monica!