Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It's been a while...

My little Cub Scout headed to his first den meeting
He is so excited about his Cub Scout handbook
His sister being silly as she drives off with the little Cub Scout:)
Author Michael Wright at Blue Willow Bookshop



It has been such a long time since I've posted anything - it isn't that I haven't wanted to, we have just been moving at the speed of light! August is always like that!! The start of school has everything in a frenzy! September has finally arrived and with it comes a little bit of calm (when we're not worried about hurricanes hitting us) and life is a little bit more routine:)! Is it a sign of old age to say that I relish routine?? Well, even if it is, I do!

So what have we been up to... I had a Girls' Weekend Away at my friend, Judi's, river house on the Guadalupe River, the kids and I went on a cruise with our friends from church, we went to see Steven Curtis Chapman in concert at the Astros game - what a great 2 for 1 - a concert and a game (if only the Astros would have won), Wyatt and I went to Boerne to see a Leonardo DaVinci exhibit that was fascinating, we went to meet an author at our favorite bookstore - BlueWillow (http://www.bluewillowbookshop.com/) - the author was Michael Wright - he was hilarious, Megan started her senior year of high school and she went back to work at Pine Cove Crier Creek (http://www.pinecove.com/), Wyatt lost his first tooth and started first grade as a homeschooler - we are both loving it, he also started Cub Scouts and I am continuing to teach two Bible study classes at church as well as sing in the choir - I'm tired all over again after typing all of that:)
I'm including a few pictures and will post more later!




No comments: